Are there any disadvantages of using “Square Modified Sine Wave” inverter?
“Square Modified Sine Wave” inverters will run most tools and appliances without any problem and are the most common type of inverter on the market.
Below are the advantages of “Pure Sine Wave” (also called True Sine Wave) inverters over modified sine wave inverters:
1. Reduces audible and electrical noise in fans, audio amplifiers, TV and some sensitive audio system.
2. Inductive loads like microwave ovens and motors might run faster, quieter and cooler.
3. The following devices that might not work with modified sine wave inverters:
– Some battery chargers for cordless tools
– Some new furnaces and pellet stoves with microprocessor control
– Sensitive electrical or electronic items such as certain medical equipment